Friday, September 21, 2012

A Redemption Worth Redeeming

As luck would have it, only a few short weeks after enduring the worst redemption experience of my life, the mail man came knocking on my front door to hand over a package sent from Topps' redemption fulfillment service. Not only was the redemption filled by Topps in a very timely manner (about 3 months), but the card was way cooler then I had expected:

The card in questions is a 2011 Topps Marquee Billy Butler Museum Collection Auto #/10. I love the silver ink signatures - especially on-card silver ink signatures. I had to do a double take on it when I first pulled it from the package as it looked way too shiny to be cardboard. So I removed it from the toploader to inspect it more closely, and sure enough, the card is metallic! The card looks like a gold bar with a picture and signature on the front of it. This is one of the cards that a scanner just cannot do justice. You have to see it and feel it in person to get the full effect.

An awesome addition to the collection. I have another Topps redemption on the horizon so I'm crossing my fingers it will be another solid score like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment